Thursday, March 11, 2010

65- Laurie Ylvisaker- Partnering with RUPCO

Laurie Ylvisaker campaigned for Woodstock Town Board in 2009, but dropped out of the race prior to the September primary. She dropped out of the race on or around July 13, 2009, and in the Woodstock Times of July 30, 2009, she had a letter published. Her letter did three major things.


1- Laurie's letter endorsed another candidate in the race.


2- Laurie's letter thanked her supporters for their supoprt.


3- Laurie's letter advertised her achievements in and commitment to selling real estate. Nothing wrong with a little self-promotion, but here are the words she used


I am the number one selling realtor in Woodstock for 2007 and 2008, and will continue working diligently for those I represent both as sellers who are looking to make a change in their home lifestyle and to those new Woodstock purchasers, whether they are first time and using RUPCO to help them in this major life undertaking, or one of our friends from the "city"...


Now, as a person who is ACTING CHAIR of the Planning Board, when RUPCO is a multi-million dollar housing development applicant before the Planning Board, Laurie should not have anything to do with RUPCO, let alone suggest that she works with buyers who are working with RUPCO. If Laurie benefits financially in any way from her work as a result of RUPCO's operations, that should, at the very least, be disclosed by her, and properly investigated.



This is a real estate development project. Laurie is in Real Estate. She works with RUPCO, and we do not know the extent of that relationship. That's a problem. To those who say that all real estate agents are members of the Ulster County Board of Realtors, so that means there is no conflict, I say all of the realtors on the planning board should be recused from deliberations on this project.... Except that there is only one such person, and it's Laurie Ylvisaker.







4 comments:

  1. It's like you have nothing to do and all day long to do it. Are you unemployed? Maybe you're just another trust fund baby. For somebody who stumbled into Woodstock less than a year ago and never contributed anything to the community, you have alot of nerve to attack Woodstockers who volunteer to serve on the planning board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's amazing how wrong you can be in so short a space. Let me help you out. I have plenty to do and not enough time to do it. I am not unemployed. I do not have a trust fund. I have been in Woodstock over a year. And, I have contributed to the community, but in your ignorance, you do not know what my contributions are.

    People who attack me by imagining false facts about my life and how I spend my time, instead of addressing the facts of my blog, and who do so anonymously, are cowards. They also obscure the relevant facts of the issue, which helps nobody. They are also boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Convince me.
    Who is your employer?
    Do you work full time or part time?
    Do you work from home, or do you commute to your job?

    When did you arrive in Woodstock? What date did you close on yor home?

    Please outline the contributions you have made to the Woodstock Community over the past year you have lived here. (name of contribution, description of the activity/contribution, date of contribution, benificiaries of the contribition. I am sure we would all like to thank you for everything you have done to make Woodstock the great community it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not answer stupid questions about community involvement, particularly questions to which the answers are readily available. And as for where I am during the day, who employs me, and when I closed on my home, you must be some kind of moron if you think I am going to post that in a public forum. I think you have a psychological problem. Therefore, all subsequent comments from you that do not pertain to the substance of this blog, which is Woodstock Commons, will be removed. If you want to attack me, do it in the Woodstock Times and sign your name to it.

    ReplyDelete