Thursday, October 14, 2010

103- What's Been Going On The Last Couple of Months

Time to catch up on all the action. Here is a summary of what's in the posts I'm working on, all of which will be up by the end of the weekend.

After the Planning Board accepted the findings statement on RUPCO, I filed an Article 78 (lawsuit) against the Planning Board (= the town,) citing 22 causes of action. I will post the petition.

Drayton Grant, the town's land use attorney, called me to ask for an extension to respond. I dealt with that request honestly and honorably, and for the most part in email, which I will post.

Drayton Grant made a motion to dismiss my Article 78 petition.   I responded to this motion in a letter to the judge, who recused himself (but not because of my letter) and then Drayton wrote a letter, and then I wrote another letter. All will be posted.

There was a town board meeting October 5, RUPCO present, most attending opposing Town's allowance of RUPCO to hook up to Woodstock water and sewer systems.

The next day I received a copy of a letter addressed to the Ulster County District Attorney alleging wrongdoing on the part of the chairman of the Planning Board, which I tried to verify and which seemed in error. I am not a fan of anonymous letters, and presented the letter to the town board on October 12.

Finally, I will address the meat of the issue: the planning board's handling, or rather mishandling, of the water and sewer decision jurisdiction problem. That's the irresistible ending. Of course it's only the "ending" because it will bring us up to the present.

However, by the time all this is posted, in 1-3 days, I kind of expect there to be more news breaking....

No comments:

Post a Comment