Sunday, May 2, 2010

81- Appointed Expert

The mysterious Jim Charles accused me of being a self-appointed expert on the subject of RUPCO. This is another false accusation. I never claimed to be an expert. When asked for my qualifications, I gave them. I have read and listened, thought and written. I have a blog. George Pattison of the Woodstock Times read my blog and contacted me. I did not contact him. He interviewed me and wrote a page one story on my blog and the intersection of Playhouse Lane and Route 212. The newspaper elevated my blog to something more than my personal expression on the internet- I did not.

When the Planning Board approved RUPCO's Final Environmental Impact Statement, there was an open comment period. I submitted 22 comments, which came out to 5000 words. That's just what it took to express my ideas. I sent a copy of my comments to the Woodstock Times. Why? Because, my comments were based in fact, and in my mind, relevant and of interest to Woodstockers. All I did was send in the comments. The Woodstock Times then ASKED ME to write a Point of View article. I did not request that honor.

As for my letters that have been published in the paper, it is the right of anybody, I believe to submit letters and have them appear in print.

Lastly, when I rented the community center to speak about RUPCO's project, I did so because I had something to say. I never claimed to be any more of an expert than anybody else. All I did was feel strongly enough about the project to pay money to have a place to offer people a time and place to come and learn what I had learned, to hear the facts.


No comments:

Post a Comment